Monday, August 1, 2016

Goodbye July: 30 Days of Testing Challenge over :-(

Even though I didn't complete every day of the 30 Day Testing Challenge, it was still enjoyable and thought-provoking. I loved seeing so much passion, creativity, and humor in my blog feed every day.  Keep it up!  Thanks to Rosie Sherry and the Ministry of Testing for bringing all of us software testers together.

I finished Perfect Software: And Other Illusions about Testing by Gerry Weinberg right before falling asleep last night.  I gave it five stars (out of five) on Goodreads. I'll go through it one more time to take down some of my favorite bullet points for discussion.

This Friday is Tulsa TechFest.  There are two empty slots for QA/Testing.  The empty slots have been in the back of my mind, haunting me, beckoning to me.  Getting a talk ready by Friday would probably raise my blood pressure to an explosive level....but it has prompted me to put together a Google doc where I can compile and cite material to have ready to go for opportunities like this in the future.  This is more exciting to me than scary, so I have apparently flipped a confidence switch in the past month or two. Yay personal and professional growth!


 

1 comment: